Monday, January 26, 2009

Canon 5D Mark II - Sweet!

I received some nice spending cash from my parents for Christmas. I had only one thing in mind - Canon 5D Mark II. It's been on back-order ever since its release a month or so ago. I was so annoyed to have the money to buy it, but not be able to get one. After checking for stock daily, Adorama's site finally had it just listed without the "on allocation" or "back-ordered" note. Woohoo! I got the camera this weekend.

I've had a lot going on, so the tests have been limited so far.. but here's the first few images.. the first of Tony in his HS play, where flash photography is not allowed. The 5DMK2 steps up...


I couldn't get my toddler boys to sit still, but Mitchie's toy pet did...


Lastly, the next four are more pets, was just looking to see how the image quality is at the higher ISOs. I'm pleased.
25600 ISO (the highest setting - can get the image, but could use noise reduction)
12800 ISO (looks better than my old camera at 1600 - still want noise reduction)
6400 ISO (looks usable as is - though I'd still use Noise Ninja or equivalent)
3200 ISO (wow!)

No comments: