Monday, July 21, 2008

Disney, Boot Camp

The pop-up has already been a hit in my book, with the Duluth trip being a family success (we even had fun when it was raining - nearly impossible to be chipper when you have to be in a tent in the rain). But, I started thinking bigger. What about Disney? I had heard that getting to Disney World for $2000 was unheard of. Not in a pop-up. Yahoo! We'll stay in the campground, and we'll do everything family style. I'm so excited. The boys have no idea what it's going to be like... but the looks on their faces... can't wait!

Other than that, the Boot Camp reference is to a class I signed up for with another friend at the fitness center. So far, it's nothing like Boot Camp. There's mild manners, no yelling. I would prefer someone kick my butt, heck, I'd even pay if they could make me hate chocolate. Is that even possible? Anyhow, tonight was a 1.2 mile run, and exercises on a bosu ball (half an exercise ball). The run was no problem, though it was hillier than I'm used to. The bosu ball made me realize how uncoordinated I can be. Seriously, bicycle sit-ups on a curved squishy surface? I'm told I will get better at it. The best one was jump on the ball, then squat. If you fall off during the move, you can't count that one. Holy buckets! This was a better sobriety test than a measure of fitness. Stay tuned.

No comments: