Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Perfect Day...

It seemed like everyday this week had rain. It wasn't just a sprinkle here or there, but torrential downpours, day-long soaker rains, hail, you name it. Last night, I was concerned when with the forecast: scattered thunderstorms form in the afternoon, and thunderstorms possible everyday in the 7 day forecast. Normally, I wouldn't take the forecast to heart because meteorologists tend to have the forecast right less than half the time. But because it was rain day after rain day, I thought I had every right to worry.

As it turned out, there was no reason to worry. My streak is still alive: rain has never wrecked a wedding I photographed. It was a beautiful day. The wind was calm. The sky was true blue, partly cloudy. But not only was the weather perfect, the wedding was too. Kevin and Christina and their families were a joy to work with. Christina's parents' house was like out of a magazine and the Creek's Bend Golf Course was picturesque as well. Lots of options for photos, no drama, nice weather. Perfect... just like the bride and groom together.



No comments: