Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Out Of Character

I've never been big on holidays. Christmas is sooo much work. I didn't really care about the big Thanksgiving feast (my mom cooked great meals everyday anyway). Halloween, once I hit 12, seemed rather silly. I stopped trick-or-treating before most kids my age, preferring to open the door to hand out the treats. This year is different: we'll be trick-or-treating with my sister and her two girls.

My sister's oldest, and my oldest agree on the theme of superheroes. Sean went for Spiderman, Mitchell for Superman, Jen for Doc Ock, Tina for the Hulk. Then, what will us adults be? My sister and her husband will be BatMan and BatGirl. Ron's undecided. And me... well, not many options for female superheroes, plus take out BatGirl and the evil ones like Cat Woman... what is there?

Wonder Woman! The persona isn't so much out of character for me.. a strong-willed helpful woman, capable of putting out all kinds of fires. The outfit, however, is totally out of character. I rarely wear skirts and dresses. And, the only other time I've worn anything strapless was my sister's wedding. Don't forget I haven't worn a costume (even for parties) in over 20 years. But, what the heck, right? I know, I know - need to work on that farmer's tan, put on some make-up, tone up a little more... but I'm OK with this look.



No comments: